Bookmark and Share


No articles found

Past Shows

no past shows listed

Club SirOCCO

View Photos
1037 View St. Victoria BC
No Longer Operating

Originally built in 1929 as the Victoria Shrine Temple , Club SirOCCO at 1037 View Street was bought by Silverwood Dairy during the depression (the back of their building on Yates St. was across View St. from the club) who leased it out and the lessee's ran until 1964 when new lessee's changed it's name to The Scope during 1965. In January 1966, Ian Diment of the Club Tango in Oak Bay notoriety, moved his club into the building and leased it until January of 1977. In February of 1977 local businessmen Hans Hartwig and Karl Fritz took over the building and changed it's name to the Stardust Ballroom which ran for a few years until their partnership dissolved by a resolution to divide everything in half. This resulted in most of the building's interior being cut in half by the businessmen with chainsaws including the furniture, staircases, bars etc. The building was then demolished and an apartment building now stands in it's place.

Venue Specs

Liquor LicenseNone, All Ages or Provide your own
Rentable / Hosts Outside EventsNo

Listed Under:
Music Venue

Listing last confirmed: Oct. 31, 2005